April 2, 2021
This weeks episode, I'm talking to Colman Power Organic Fitness on the power of organic food.
Colman is an online personal trainer and organic horticulturist with a passion for educating people on the benefits of real single ingredient foods. We got to talk all things organic food, training and the importance of understanding his clients menstrual cycles. Here are some of the key topics we covered.
What the difference is between organic and non organic.
The benefits of eating a mainly plant based diet and fuelling your body.
What training styles will give you more bang for your buck at home.
And much more.
To get in touch with Colman you can follow him on Facebook, Instagram & TikTok https://www.instagram.com/colman_power_organic_fitness/
March 26, 2021
Episode 81 of Órlas Happy Hormones Podcast has just gone live and this week I'm saying a big thank you for the 10,000 downloads :) and going through the top 10 listened to episodes and where I was at at the time of recording them.
This episode is more of a personal one than a breakdown of each episode. Reflecting back on the journey of this podcast and my own personal journey over the last two years. There's some things in here I haven't spoken about publicly before and they are topics I thought I'd never be able to speak about outside of my closest people. This may be a triggering episode for some people, so if you are not in the best place right now, maybe hold off on listening to it.
My top listened to episodes:
1. Ep.1 What is your menstrual cycle?
2. Ep. 46 Sex: Libido, Pain & Intimacy.
3 Ep. 54- 2 week wait, Adrenal fatigue & Candida
4. Ep. 57- Break ups & Heartache.
5. Ep. 31- IBS, Gut Health & Herbs
6. Ep. 71- Chats with Laura Fox
7. Ep. 60-Lessons From the Sea
8. Ep. 17-Stress, Adrenal Fatigue & Burnout
9. Ep. 63- Ways to cultivate Joy & Happiness
10. Ep. 62- Top 3 Supplements for Hormones.
March 19, 2021
Episode 80 of Órlas Happy Hormones Podcast has just gone live. This is a Q&A style episode covering questions from my Instagram Q&A.
1. How do I reduce high cortisol levels?
2. Any advice for PMDD, its really affecting my life.
3. I'm having irregular periods, what can I do?
4. Thoughts on Tinder Hook ups. Lockdown has me lonely.
To listen, click the link below, or head on over to itunes. Happy Friday
February 26, 2021
Episode 79 of Órlas Happy Hormones Podcast has just gone live and this one is a little different but I enjoyed reflecting back on the different journeys I went on. This one has been requested a few times but I found it hard to really narrow the list down. There have been other books which I feel everyone should read but isn't on this list. These are the books which changed the trajectory of my life. In different times of my life, these books found me. I always feel a book will choose you, not you the book.
The 7 Books That Changed The Course of My Life:
1. The 5 People You Meet In Heaven - Mitch Albom
2. The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
3. Eleven Minutes - Paulo Coelho
4. Mutant Message Down Under - Marlo Morgan
5. Attached - Dr. Amir Levine & Rachel S.F. Heller
6. Lost Connections - Johann Hari
7. The Body Keeps The Score - Bessel Van Der Kolk
I'm not saying everyone should read these books. These are the books which had the most profound impact on my life for different reasons and at different stages. Let me know if any of your top books are the same. Happy Friday 💜
February 19, 2021
Episode 78 of Órlas Happy Hormones Podcast has just gone live and this week I'm talking about Hormone Imbalance. Predominantly the effects of stress on our hormones. With living through a pandemic for nearly a year now, and especially this final lockdown, stress has had a huge impact on peoples lives and ultimately, their hormones.
The HPA & HPG axis (stress hormones and reproductive hormones).
The balance of Oestrogen & Progesterone.
How physical, emotional & trauma based stress effect the body.
Excess Cortisol and fertility.
To listen head on over to itunes or click the link below. Happy Friday.
February 12, 2021
Episode 77 of Órlas Happy Hormones Podcast has just gone live. This week I'm discussing ways to support your body when coming off the pill.
1. Things to expect.
2. Foods & Supplements to take.
3. Alternative methods of contraception.
To listen, click the link below or head on over to itunes. Happy Friday
February 5, 2021
Welcome to 2021. I know I’m a month late but that is on purpose. Every January I push myself beyond the point of sanity...so this year I changed it up. I’m taking things slower as you’ll hear in this weeks episode. So here are my 5 tips for the year ahead:
1. Make achievable goals.
2. Be a turtle not a hare.
3. Keep cortisol levels low.
4. Stay true to you & honour your needs.
5. Nothing is permanent.
I hope you enjoy. Happy Friday 💜
December 7, 2020
Episode 75 of Órlas Happy Hormones Podcast is live now. This week I'm looking at the lessons of the past year as I turn 34. 33 is known to be a year of transformation from shadow work to excavating the deepest corners of your subconscious. It certainly was for me. I go through the 5 biggest lessons I got from the last year.
1. You can't skip ahead to being healed. You have to feel your pain.
2. The think you fear the most is what will set you free.
3. People come and go for many different reasons.
4. Everything happens the way it is meant to.
5. Let yourself be truly seen.
I hope you enjoy. To listen click the link below or head on over to itunes. Happy Friday
November 20, 2020
Episode 74 of Órlas Happy Hormones has just gone live and this week I’m discussing how health is subjective and relative to the person in all areas of life from food, supplements/herbs, lifestyle, exercise and mindset. There is no such thing as one size fits all in any area of life.
I hope you enjoy. Happy Friday 💜
November 13, 2020
Episode 73 of Órlas Happy Hormones has just gone live and this week I'm talking all about Overwhelm. Specifically the 5 signs you have gone into overwhelm and what you can do to come out of it.
1. You are physically and mentally drained.
2. You can't get a handle on your cravings.
3. You become disinterested.
4. You can't get your head to stop the mental chatter.
5. You become overly emotional or completely apathetic.
Things that can help:
1. Make the decision to take a break.
2. Write down what brings you joy and start incorporating them.
3. Food: What is going to support and nourish you.
5: What easy long lasting changes can you make.
I hope it helps and you enjoy. Happy Friday